Summary of key findings for parents and pupils
This is a good school.
- The school has improved significantly since the previous inspection
- Children in the Early Years Foundation Stage make excellent progress
- Standards have improved in Years 1 to 6 and many pupils have made better than expected progress in the current year
- The quality of teaching and learning is consistently good and sometimes outstanding
- Pupils enjoy the challenges that teachers plan for them
- Pupils’ outstanding attitudes to learning and their excellent behaviour help them to make rapid progress. They feel entirely safe in school and say that they are very well cared for.
- Outstanding direction from the headteacher has driven the good improvement. In particular, the highly effective leadership and management of teaching are bringing about rapid improvement to the quality of teaching and to pupils’ achievement
- Governors have improved their effectiveness well. They challenge the school vigorously over standards and teaching and contribute strongly to the drive for further improvement
Download full report